2018 Husqvarna Motorcycles FC350
Balance and precision
With top-level performance guaranteed by the lightweight agility of a 250 and the hard-hitting power of a 450, the FC 350 carves through turns effortlessly and powers down straights aggressively. Standard equipment such as the electric start system and the handlebar-mounted map switch highlight the FC 350's technological edge over the competition.
- Engine: The 350 cc DOHC engine weighs in at only 27.2 kg with a maximum power output of 58 hp. The engine is specifically designed with performance, weight and mass centralisation as key areas. As a result, all shaft arrangements have been positioned to allow oscillating masses to occupy the ideal centre of gravity while all parts are engineered to offer the best performance while adding the least possible weight.
- Cylinder head: The FC 350 features a DOHC design with polished camshafts and DLC coated finger followers. These components significantly reduce friction and improve overall performance. Added to the design are large titanium valves (36.3 mm intake and 29.1 mm exhaust) which allow the engine to rev freely to the 13,400 rpm ceiling.
- Cylinder and piston: The 88mm bore cylinder features a large diameter and lightweight forged bridged-box-type piston produced by CP. As a result, the relatively low oscillating masses deliver exceptional power, high revs and a very wide power band. The compression ratio is 14:1.
- Crankshaft: A perfectly balanced crankshaft is at the heart of the high output, high-reving, FC 350 engine. A plain big end bearing comprising of two force-fitted bearing shells ensure maximum reliability and durability, guaranteeing long service intervals of 100 hours.
- Functional bodywork: Modern and functional bodywork with traditional Husqvarna blue and yellow accents mark a simplistic yet stylish Swedish design. The ergonomics have been specifically tailored to deliver high levels of comfort and control, enabling riders to perform at their peak for extended periods of time. The high grip seat cover keeps the rider positioned under hard acceleration or in slippery conditions.
- Lightweight frame: With years of experience in designing the most advanced steel frames in offroad, the engineers in Research and Development designed a chromium molybdenum steel frame that redefines all structural aspects that benefit handling, ergonomics and packaging. With carefully calculated tortional and longitudinal flex, the frame works in harmony with the suspension to offer sharp handling and superior comfort. These characteristics, matched to a lightweight and compact engine design, offer exceptional handling precision while at the same time increasing bump-absorption and feeling.
- Carbon fibre subframe: The use of carbon fibre strips away weight, improving weight distribution and bringing weight closer to the centre of gravity for precise handling. The composition of the material is 30% carbon fibre and the overall 3-piece construction is remarkably light but also very strong for an overall weight of 1.4 kg. Additionally, a specific rigidity has been calculated in the component for optimal handling and rider ergonomics.
- Swingarm: The hollow, cast aluminium swingarm is designed to offer optimal stiffness and reliability. The machining on the side by Husqvarna Motorcycle engineers is another mark of quality and superior craftsmanship.
- Map switch: Optimised for easy operation, the map switch selects between two engine maps, operates launch control and activates a traction control feature. Traction control works by analysing throttle input from the rider and the rate at which the RPM increases. If the RPM increases too quickly, the EMS will register a loss of grip and reduce the amount of power to the rear wheel ensuring maximum traction.
- Engine management system: The Keihin EMS is specifically designed to be smaller, lighter and faster at processing data. It integrates launch control for perfect starts, selectable engine maps as well as traction control. Additionally, via a gear sensor, the EMS selects a power delivery tailored for each gear.
- 44 mm throttle body: The FC 350 features a 44 mm Keihin throttle body. The injector has been positioned to ensure the most efficient flow of fuel into the combustion chamber while, in an effort to ensure optimal throttle response, the throttle cable is mounted directly without a throttle linkage providing more immediate throttle response and feeling
- Electric start and Li-Ion battery: Along with the benefit of easy starting, the standard electric starting system is combined with a new compact Li-Ion battery which is 1 kg lighter than a conventional battery.
- Cooling system: The radiators are expertly crafted by WP Performance Systems using high strength aluminium. CFD (computational fluid dynamics) is utilized to channel air through the radiators more efficiently and provide optimal cooling in any condition. The cooling system is also smart by channelling coolant through the frame, increasing heat dispersion and eliminating the need for additional hoses. Additionally, the radiator protectors do not only offer protection against flying debris but also act as a brace, channelling any energy from an impact around the radiator and into the frame reducing the risk of any damage.
- Tool-less airbox design: The airbox is designed with precisely positioned inlet ducts aimed at preventing air deformation and ensuring maximum airflow. The air filter is easily accessed, without tools, by removing the left side panel. Easy maintenance is guaranteed by the Twin Air filter and filter cage design that features a simple fail proof mounting system for safe and accurate filter installation.
- Self-cleaning footpegs: The FC 350 frame features an innovative, self-cleaning footpeg mount which prevents dirt build-up collected through deep ruts or muddy terrain. As a result, the footpeg will spring back into its original position ensuring perfect control.
- Magura hydraulic clutch: The high quality German-made Magura clutch system guarantees even wear, almost maintenance-free operation and perfect modulation in every condition. This means that play is constantly compensated so that the pressure point and function of the clutch remain identical in cold or hot conditions, as well as over time.
- Design: 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- Displacement: 349.7cc
- Starter: Electric starter
- Transmission: 5-speed
- Primary drive: 24:73
- Secondary gear ratio: 14:50
- Clutch: Wet, multi-disc clutch, Magura hydraulics
- EMS: Keihin EMS
- Frame design: 25CrMo4 steel central-tube frame
- Front suspension: WP-USD, AER 48, Ø 48 mm
- Rear suspension: WP shock absorber with linkage
- Suspension travel (front): 12.2 in. (310mm)
- Front brake: Magura two-piston floating calliper, brake disc
- Rear brake: Magura single-piston floating calliper, brake disc
- Rear brake disc diameter: 220mm
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in.
- Steering head angle: 63.9
- Seat height: 37.8 in. (960mm)
- Weight without fuel: 221.34 lb. (100.4 kg)
- Suspension travel (rear): 11.81 in. (300mm)
- Tank capacity (approx.): 1.85 gal. (7 L)
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- Front Suspension
- WP-USD, AER 48, Ø 48 mm
- Front Brakes
- Magura two-piston floating caliper, brake disc
- Rear Suspension
- WP shock absorber with linkage
- Rear Brakes
- Magura single-piston floating caliper, brake disc
- Dry Weight
- 221.34 lb. (100.4 kg)
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.85 gal. (7 L)
- Seat Height
- 37.8 in. (960mm)
- Final Drive
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in.