2018 Ski-Doo Freeride™ 165 850 E-TEC®
Freeride™ 165 850 E-TEC®
For some riders, carving deep powder is just one part of the experience. The other is pushing themselves and their sleds to the limits. That’s what the Freeride 154/165 is all about.
- Rotax® 850 E-TEC® engine: Next generation of the most advanced direct-injection two-stroke engine technology. Designed for reliability and durability with proven 4-stroke and diesel technologies.
- KYB® Pro 36 R Easy-Adjust front shocks: Extreme capability, extreme durability shocks with new compression and rebound calibration ranges for optimized control the toughest conditions. Easy Adjust knobs for compression and rebound adjustments.
- Profile running boards: Extruded grid-style board allowing snow to pass easily through, preventing washout and trenching, plus clears footrests for grip. Flatter foot position for comfort and control.
- tMotion™ rear suspension: A swiveling rear arm and split front arm allow the skid to flex laterally for more predictable carving. More rising-rate motion ratio adds capacity and comfort.
- Rotax® 850 E-TEC® engine
- REV® Gen4 platform
- pDrive™ clutch with clickers
- RAS™ 3 front suspension
- Ergo-step side panels
- PowderMax® Light with FlexEdge™ track
- KYB Pro 36 R front shocks and KYB Pro 40 rear shocks aluminum piggyback with Easy-Adjust compression adjuster (22 clics)
- Brembo racing brake with braided stainless-steel brake line
- Lightweight mountain seat
- RER™ electronic reverse
- Compact digital gauge
- tMotion™ rear suspension with reinforced rails and ice scratchers
- Sway bar quick-disconnect
- Glove box with 4 L / 1 US gal of storage
- Profile running boards with large opening
- Sea-level calibration available on all configurations
- Blank White canvas ready for custom wrapping
- Rotax® Engine: 850 E-TEC®
- Engine details: Liquid-cooled, electronic R.A.V.E.™
- Cylinders: 2
- Displacement: 849 cc / 51.9 in.³
- Bore: 82 mm / 3.2 in.
- Stroke: 80.4 mm / 3.2 in.
- Maximum engine speed: 7,900 RPM
- Carburation: Electronic Direct Injection with additional booster injectors
- Recommended fuel type: Premium unleaded
- Minimum octane: 91
- Fuel tank: 36 L / 9.5 US gal
- Oil tank capacity: 3.4 L / 3.6 qt
- Drive clutch type: pDrive™
- Driven clutch type: QRS
- Engagement: 3,800 RPM
- Small sprocket number of teeth: 21
- Large sprocket number of teeth: 51
- Drive sprocket number of teeth: 8
- Drive sprocket diameter: 183 mm / 7.2 in.
- Brake system: Brembo racing brake with stainless-steel braided brake line
- Dry Weight: 213 kg / 470 lb
- Vehicle overall length: 3,555 mm / 140 in.
- Vehicle overall width: 1,080 to 1,110 mm / 42.5 to 43.7 in.
- Vehicle overall height: 1,359 mm / 53.5 in.
- Ski stance: 910 or 950 mm / 35.8 or 37.4 in.
- Ski overall length: 1,040 mm / 41 in.
- Track nominal width: 406 mm / 16 in.
- Track nominal length: 4,178 mm / 165 in.
- Track profile height: 63.5 mm / 2.5 in. PowderMax® Light with FlexEdge™
- Optional track: 76.2 mm / 3.0 in. PowderMax® Light with FlexEdge™
- Front suspension: RAS™ 3
- Front shock: KYB® Pro 36 R Easy-Adjust
- Front suspension max. travel: 215 mm / 8.5 in.
- Rear suspension: tMotion™
- Center shock: KYB® Pro 40 Easy-Adjust
- Rear shock: KYB® Pro 40 Easy-Adjust
- Rear suspension max. travel: 239 mm / 9.4 in.
- Frame: REV® Gen4
- Skis: Pilot™ DS 3
- Seating: Mountain
- Handlebar: Aluminum with J-hooks / Grab handle
- Riser block height: 165 mm / 6.5 in.
- Starter: Manual
- Reverse: RER™
- Heated throttle lever: Standard
- Heated grips: Standard
- Gauge: Compact
- Mirrors: Optional
- Windshield: Optional
- Runner: Square 5/16
- Carbide configuration: 102 mm / 4 in. at 90°
- Hitch: Optional
- Speedometer: Standard
- Tachometer: Standard
- Fuel: Standard
- Engine temperature: Standard
- Engine Type
- Rotax® 850 E-TEC®
- 51.9 cu.³ (849 cc)
- Bore x Stroke
- 3.2 in. (82 mm) x 3.2 in. (80.4 mm)
- Engine Cooling
- Electronic Direct Injection with additional booster injectors
- Brake Type
- Brembo racing brake with stainless-steel braided brake line
- Drive Clutch
- Driven Clutch
- Front Suspension
- Suspension: RAS™ 3; Shock: KYB® Pro 36 R Easy-Adjust
- Front Travel
- 8.5 in. (215 mm)
- Rear Suspension
- Suspension: tMotion™; Center Shock: KYB® Pro 40 Easy-Adjust; Rear Shock: KYB® Pro 40 Easy-Adjust
- Rear Travel
- 9.4 in. (239 mm)
- Ski Type
- Pilot™ DS 3
- Ski Stance
- 35.8 or 37.4 in. (910 or 950 mm)
- Track Type
- PowderMax® Light with FlexEdge™
- Track Dimensions
- 16 in. (406 mm) W x 165 in. (4,178 mm) L x 2.5 in. (63.5 mm) H
- Fuel Capacity
- 9.5 US gal. (36 L)
- Dry Weight
- 470 lb. (213 kg)
- Electric Start
- Hand & Thumb Warmers